Be There Dad® is an organization whose purpose is to help dads become engaged and stay involved in the lives of their children. The Be There Dad (BTD) concept relies on the “power of presence”. That idea says that when dads are involved in the lives of their children in a positive way, good things happen:
- children achieve better grades
- they are more likely to stay in school
- they have better behavior
- they more easily build friendships
- they avoid negative behaviors such as drug and alcohol abuse and violence
A primary initiative is helping dads establish their own BTD groups within their children’s schools so they can:
- encourage each other to become Be There Dads
- participate in activities with their children
- provide service to their schools
BTD supports dads through education, coaching, organization, tools, resources and encouragement.
Watch Recent Media Coverage
Shaping Dads and Children – Today and Every Day
Be There Dad is thankful for the generous support of our partners.
Coach Jeff has done a remarkable job of capturing the essence of fatherhood in Be There Dad. As a father of two sons, I find his lessons of faith, focus and intentional parenting both inspiring and practical to follow. Thank you Coach Jeff for sharing your heart with us and helping all of us be better Dads!
Kevin A. Henry
Father of the Year, American Diabetes Association